Lots of pictures for this one so I've put it in 3 parts. Check out parts 1 and 2 at left.
Nice to have two identical machines (almost) on tall towers at the same site. Actually one of these machines has fairly experimental 'new' blades on it - something suggested by our friend Tod H from Bergey wind power. According to him, they should be a bit more efficient... I'm not sure if we have good enough data acquisition to know for sure one way or the other.
After 10 days of this stuff, and camping... I am no longer fit to be in public.
A nice view of the site with two turbines flying.
Another great/tricky shot! Thanks to DanF for all of the good pictures here.
A good furling shot of the first machine we put up.
That is all the pictures I have of this. Not pictured is all the good food, the music... and the alternator we built for the Listeroid, which worked quite well. The alternator for the lister was dead on producing right at 2kW at 600 rpm. Loads of fun in Chadron anyhow, hope we do it again.
Our next, hopefully similar adventure is in about a week and a half for the MREA in Custer Wisconsin. We'll be there for almost 3 weeks teaching workshops, attending the small wind conference and the Energy Fair. It's a lot of fun every year in WI.